Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Spring Has Sprung

Since a lot of the snow has melted in the past couple of days because of the warm temps and the rain, I decided it was time to go out and check the gardens.  I was surprised to find the crocus and daffodils coming up since just three or four days ago, the entire yard was still covered in snow.  I looked at last year's pictures and everything is on schedule.



I finally got the spiral Christmas tree taken down since it was no longer buried in snow and the Easter decorations are outside.  Now if the sun would just shine, the grass and garden will really take off.

I think something was also burrowing under the snow and making paths in the grass.  I found several of them throughout the entire yard.  From a distance you'd think it was cracks in the yard in July because of no rain...but that's sure not the case right now.

I've had water running in the basement drain, but today it's down to just a trickle.  I hope that's not a sign of things to come.

1 comment:

Mom said...

At times like this I wish we lived in south/central Iowa instead of Way Up North! My flowerbed is still buried under 2 feet of snow. Maybe my crocus and daffodils are growing under all that snow!!

Yes, I'd say you have some type of little critters making those paths in your grass. Maybe the ones you thought you had gotten rid of last summer?!?

Yes, Spring has sprung in your neighborhood. It's been a looooong winter.