I've been able to find some great deals this week. Target had several coupons on their website for Up&Up products. I paid $1 each for the wipes, cleaner and lightbulb. The rest was free....now I've got some great things for the food pantry. Today Hy-Vee had a one-day sale. Everything was on sale except the eggs and bananas. I hated to pay $1.59 for the eggs, but I needed them so I could bake treats for work tomorrow. I had coupons for the soup so I paid a whopping 19 cents a can!! The oj was a great stockup price at 99 cents. Good thing it has a long expiration date.
Saturday, February 19, 2011
I've been seeing flower arrangements like this at several stores lately. I decided to try and make my own. Originally I was going to put it on the coffee table in the living room, but ever since Christmas the kitchen table hasn't had a center piece.
I got all of the pieces on sale. The vase came from Michael's and the flowers from Hobby Lobby. I've had the crystals for a long time and never had a use for them.
It'll be very easy to just replace the flowers when it's time for a change.
Sunday, February 6, 2011
Yesterday I had a burst of energy so I decided to clean and declutter the kitchen. The cupboards were cleaned inside and out as well as the frig. I found several things for the trash and things for the garage sale box. Why did I have so many extra spatulas and knives??!! The biggest difference was the decluttering of papers on the countertops and the table. Magazines have been put away. Receipts have been filed. Work papers have been filed. Everything is now in its place.
And no, I didn't just move things before I took the pictures. I know who you are if you're thinking that!
Friday, February 4, 2011
Better late than never on getting my goals/to-do list posted for 2011.
- Remove the wallpaper in the two rooms that have it yet.
- Learn to hand quilt. I have the project made and ready to quilt, just need to get started.
- Expand my knitting knowledge. I have knitting down, it's the purling that is giving me problems. I had a co-worker show me a few weeks ago but haven't gotten much practice in. I want to expand beyond scarf making.
- Continue my workouts at the fitness center. I do really great by going almost every day, but the few pounds I lost a year ago have found their way back. Snacking after I get home from work is definitely my downfall.
- Decorate the spare bedroom. This is the only room on the main floor that I haven't touched since I moved in. The wallpaper and blue carpet have to go. I've been trying to find a bedspread that I like so I know what color scheme to go with, but I'm not having any luck. It's so hard to order online because you just don't know what color you'll end up with.
- Declutter and organize a couple of closets. There are still some boxes that are packed from my move almost three years ago. Obviously, I'm not using that stuff, so it's time for a trip to Goodwill.