Thursday, March 3, 2011

Shopping Trip

After quite a slow down in finding deals, I seem to be having better luck the past month or so. I made a couple of trips to Target. On the second trip I picked up 10 Smart Ones using $8 worth of coupons for a cost of $10. They were running a deal that you got a $5 gift card with the purchase of 7 frozen items.  I picked up 4 bags of frozen veggies to get to 14 frozen items and got two gift cards.  I had more Up&Up coupons so I got the toiletries free.  I paid $12.91 for the items below and got $10 back.

Today I ran to Hy-Vee and got more great deals. They're running a sale of 50% off all Kelloggs.  I picked up some All-Bran for my mom and some granola bars. Their 3-day sale includes milk for $1.98 which is a great deal itself, but then I had a coupon to save $1 on milk with the purchase of one Kelloggs cereal.  Also used a $1 coupon off fruit with the purchse of one Kelloggs cereal.
I spent a little over $10 for everything. Even on a decent sale week this could have cost me close to $20. I wish I ate some Kelloggs cereal to take advantage of this great sale, but I'll stick with Cheerios. I'll have to see if I can find some coupons to get some almost free and then add to my food pantry stash.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I wish I lived closer to some of those stores; I'd love to get bargains like that once in awhile. By the time I'd drive 20+ miles to the store, the cost of the gas would put me in the hole. Thanks for getting the All Bran for me.