Last year I took the wallpaper down in the bathroom and painted it. I wrote about it here and here. One thing I never got around to was the painting of the ugly green tile. It was way too big of a project to replace the tile, so painting was the answer...and a much less expensive option.
I bought a special primer to seal the tile, and then I was able to paint it as I wanted. I got the primer on when I did the rest of the bathroom. Since it was white, it didn't really bother me that I hadn't finished painting it. But it was finally time. I'd procrastinated long enough.
After 4 coats of high gloss white paint, it's finished. It was more time consuming than I thought it would be. Trying to get each tile looking nice was very tedious. Even though I was using a foam brush, I still had problems with the brush strokes showing.
Now it's on to the next project.