While I was home over the weekend, Mom had a project she wanted help with. She had a glider that sat out in the yard for many, many years, and it was showing its age. It had several coats of varnish on it that was cracking and peeling.
A couple years ago she got a new one, but it just wasn't as comfortable as the old one. It almost got put on the curb once (maybe twice), but for some reason she kept hanging on to it.
We got our supplies ready and started sanding away. At first we were just going to sand the slats in their places, but we soon found out the many coats of varnish put on over the years needed more than that. And we wanted all the work we were going to have to put into it to last longer than one season.
So we took each one off...some easier than others.
Then they were sanded and a coat of primer put on.
Before I left to come back home, we were able to get a coat of green on four of the slats just so we could see what the color would really look like.
Mom is going to work on it over the next few days and will probably have it finished before I get back to help again.
I can't wait to see the finished project.