Saturday, July 11, 2015

Clive Greenbelt Trail

Usually I ride my bike on a trail a few blocks from my house. Today I decided to venture out to see some new sights. I loaded my bike in the car (not an easy task) and headed to the Clive Greenbelt Trail. 
We got some rain overnight so parts of the trail were still wet and a bit sloppy. It seemed to have quite a bit of mud in places also, but since I hadn't been on the trail before I don't know if that's typical or not. It could also be left over from the 3-5" rains we got a week or so ago when many metro trails were closed. 

I knew that I would eventually come to 100th Street, but beyond that I wasn't sure where it would take me. So I kept going and came out by the Clive Aquatic Center (above) on 114th. And this is where I decided I better turnaround and head back.

Walnut Creek was full and moving swiftly.

This part of the trail at 86th Street was completely under water when I went thru the first time, but by the time I got back it had started to recede. I sure ended up with a muddy bike and clothes this time.
Once I got back to my car, I took the Walnut Creek Trail that headed the other direction just to see where it would take me. I came to 63rd Street and this sign. I will definitely be trying some of these out in the future.

The Clive Greenbelt was a great trail for my venture away from home. It wasn't too hilly and there were lots of trees to help block the wind. I got a little over 10 miles in.



No comments: